Sunday, October 31, 2010

Darkest Just Before Dawn



Do you ever sit outside before the sun comes up? You know, between, say, 4 am and 6:30 am? Well, where I live, this is prime time. Especially at this time of year--autumn. The world is peaceful. Not quiet, not still, certainly. But alive and at peace. This morning, the sky was clear, allowing me to see layers and layers of stars, accompanied by the quarter moon. Slowly, as an hour passed, the moon stayed bright, but the stars faded from view. The sky went from a solid shade of DARK to varying layers of gray, steel blue, and, eventually pink.
The sounds of the world waking up got livelier, the feel of peace started to fade. But each phase of this process brings its own beauty.
And I'm grateful I'm here to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, how poetic and absolutely visual. This is definitely one of the best writings I have read that actually make me feel like I am right there with you seeing what you're seeing and enjoying it- hopefully at least half as much as you did. Beautiful work, Lucky Chick. Perfectly beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete