Sunday, February 27, 2011

Partners in Crime

I'm grateful for my colleagues. We are all criminals. We've been told this by our bosses, so it must be true. We all received letters in our personnel files, labeling us as "civil disobedients." 
I'm proud to stand with these miscreants.  I'm proud to sing, march, chant with them. We are bound together in a fight that will change history. And it's made us stronger. So I'm also grateful for the right to protest. While the circumstances which created the need for our protest are sickening, the protests themselves are energizing, uplifting, and life-changing.
http://whitehouse2012.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/ap_wisconsin_budget_protests_ll_ssh.jpg
My colleagues are strong, bright, creative people, and I'm proud and grateful to stand with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment