Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gratitude and Shame

Okay, let's get the shame out of the way first. I'm ashamed because I made a promise to myself when I started this that I would write about my gratefulness once a week, on Sundays. That quickly turned into twice a month. But this time, it's been a full MONTH since I've blogged. I don't like myself when I don't keep my promises, even to myself. So I'm going to fix that.

Now for the good stuff. Today was an exhausting but happy day. I'm pretty sick, so I didn't feel much like doing anything. But daughter #3 was coming to spend the day digging through old stuff, helping me clean out the garage and a bedroom. It was a blast. She is so enchanted with anything from her childhood. I love hearing her crazy giggle as she opens a plastic bin and discovers some long-lost treasure. Today was full of moments like that, and each time, they lifted me out of my stuffy-headed funk. We may not have completed all the work I hoped to complete, but the time together was priceless. I found my treasure today.

No comments:

Post a Comment